All of our programs our educational. There is always one or more “helping parents” present during all sessions. Parents whose children are in attendance are welcome to visit at any time.
The Mulford School is the premier preschool in Northern Virginia and has been for over 50 years. There is no other preschool in Fairfax that offers what Mulford Preschool offers. Here are just some of our credentials:
- Accredited teachers (with 30, 40 and 50 years experience!)
- Very small classes
- A program proven to give your child success
- Step-by-step learning approach
- Focus on life-time skills
- A beautiful setting on 15 wonderful acres
- A Great Room for plays and shows for children to practice some of their life time skills such as public speaking.
- The largest playground in Northern Virginia — with trees and grass!
- A huge biking area!
- Wooded trails for hiking and nature/science study
- On-Site Barn with ponies, ducks and rabbits
Some of our activities include:
- Reading and Math Skills
- Finger Plays, Singing
- Arts and Crafts
- Play Dough Modeling
- Rhythm Band
- Outdoor Play
- Barn Trips
- Activity Records
- Public Speaking
Half-Day 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Full-Day 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2 days (Tuesday & Thursday)
3 days (Monday, Wednesday, & Friday)
5 days (Monday – Friday)
5 days with Pre-K (Monday – Friday)
“Lunch Bunch” 12:00 – 2:00
Students bring their own healthy lunch.
Pre-K children must be enrolled in the 5 day program.
The Mulford “Excel” Kindergarten Program
The program has gotten rave reviews from principals and first grade teachers from public and private schools alike. The kindergarten program is an individualized program and challenges each student to his or her highest potential.
- Class size Limited to 14.
- Daily one-on-one instruction.
- A truly individualized program.
- Each child challenged to his/her potential.
- Frontline Phonics
- Social Studies
Half day 5 days 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Full day 5 days 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Special School Activities
- Halloween Parade and Party
- Christmas Program — Fingerplays and songs performed for parents
- Valentine’s Day Party
- Easter Egg Coloring / Easter Egg Hunt
- Spring Program — Fingerplays and songs performed for parents
- Puppet Shows
- Plays and Drama (on our own stage)
- Barn Visits
- Pony Rides
- Hay Rides
- Candy Hunt
- Fun Games
- Balloon Bounce
In an effort to make some activities more convenient so you do not have to race from one place to the next, we offer the following activities on-site!
- Pony Rides
- Horseback Riding